There are few things I love more than roasted Brussels sprouts. Once you try this recipe you will know what I am talking about. They are basically french fries, but way healthier – at least in my mind! This Brussels sprout recipe is super quick to make and is a great way to introduce a new veggie for your kid’s diet. Emma is not a huge fan, but she will eat these. Plain broccoli is more her speed – which reminds me that this same recipe works great with broccoli instead of Brussels sprouts!
This dish is technically a side, but I tend to eat the whole pan as my dinner – please don’t judge me.
You may notice that we quarter our little sprout heads. This allows them to cook super evenly and you don’t get any harder parts. Just pure goodness. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 1/3 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 3-4 cloves garlic (sliced)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive oil (You can also use spray olive oil for more even coverage)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice Brussels sprouts into quarters and place on baking sheet, with cut side up, evenly spaced
- Drizzle with olive oil or spray with olive oil to evenly coat
- Sprinkle sliced garlic onto the sprouts
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Our parmesan is quite salty, so we don't add extra salt. But we do use a pepper grinder to add an even layer of pepper to all the pieces
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly across entire pan. It is ok if you get some on the baking sheet. These bits become crunchy and add texture!
- Cook in oven on center rack for 25 minutes or until they are a nice golden brown on top
- Serve and enjoy!